This page contains news from our Facebook page.
This weekend we will be transferring the NABS website's domain to the brand new website. We want you to be aware that during the 1-4 days it can sometimes take for the change-over to take effect, you may see either the old site, the new site, or a combination of the two. We have to wait until the "propagation" process is complete before the webmaster can access the site to make any necessary adjustments or corrections. During the interim, links may not work, and emails listed on the site will not be active. Please check back next week to see what progress has been made. Meanwhile, we invite you to look for information here, and message us, or post with any questions you may have.
To all our NABS facebook followers.. We are in need of some of your amazing images that you have been adorning our page with for our fact sheets and a flier we are putting out. We would love to use your photos and will credit your name to the picture. Here is what we are in need of and you can send them to our board president's (Bernie Daniel) email at .. Please include the description from below that the image works with. Thanks so much!!!
1. Eastern Bluebird: male and female: https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/attachments/picture-perfect-125/41575-male-female-eastern-bluebird-038-copy-jpg
2. Western Bluebirds: male and female: http://i1.treknature.com/photos/1899/_dsc-2015-bluebirds.jpg
3. Mountain Bluebirds: male and female https://nextdoornature.files.wordpress.com/2012/04/mountain-bluebird-pair-by-freeopinions-creative-commons-license.jpg
4. Nestbox-in proper habitat, idealized with overhanging roof, metal pole. and predatory guards: https://virtualprojectpoint.files.wordpress.com/2015/05/christineboran-vbs-nestbox-with-8-in-baffle.jpg
These for the nestbox recommendations fact sheet are harder to describe but here is what I have.
Images needed for new Nestbox Recommendations Fact Sheet
1. PICTURE of bluebird going into a NABS style box with a big overhanging roof.
2. PICTURE of nestbox door open with someone monitoring
3. PICTURE of “ideal” nest box with metal, overhanging roof, predator guard etc
4. PICTURE of metal hole guard (prevent enlargement or of various kinds of entrances –e.g., hole, oval, slot etc.
5. PICTURE of kerf cuts on inside of nestbox door.
6. PICTURE of nestbox with a double roof or some insulation to prevent overheating
Bluebirds will huddle up on a branch this time of year when it starts getting much colder to help conserve heat.
Some of you have reported being unable to access our website at nabluebirdsociety.org. Our new and improved website is in the process of being created, and is nearly complete. In the meantime, we have been having some unfortunate issues with service outages on the existing site. At the moment, the site seems to be up and running, although there are a few glitches on some of the pages. We're working as fast as we can to get the new site up, hopefully in early November. In the meantime, if you have any questions about membership, sponsorship, donations, or anything else, please feel free to contact us through this page. We'll announce the launch of the new site here.
It's that time of year again. Apple picking... Enjoy the fall season
Dear fellow bluebird lovers,
Your response to our request for the submission of bluebird photos for our new NABS web site has been overwhelming! I have received over 140 absolutely GORGEOUS images and now the decision of which to use is in the hands of our webmaster. Please do not be disappointed if your photos are not on display when the new site launches next month. We are planning to feature new images on our slideshow regularly.
At this point we are not accepting new submissions unless they are of Mountain or Western bluebirds.
Keep in mind that some of your images may be featured in places on the site besides in the slideshow, so be sure to wander through the entire site once we have launched.
Thank you so much for sharing your wonderful photographs!
The NABS web redesign is in full swing and we are now ready to begin receiving photographs for use on the site and in the slideshow which will appear on our Home page. If you are interested in having your photos used, please message us and we will get back to you. This is going to be great!!!! Thank you!
P.S. We are especially in need of photos of Western and Mountain Bluebirds!!!!